I make this dish regular, it really is delicious and easy. I would say it feeds four to five adults but you can freeze it for another day. I use a bread machine for naan bread as it makes life easier for me. Nowadays creating tasty dishes means using machines and cooking aids but this does enable me to continue making homemade meals for my family.
Ingredients for Bhuna
- 2 x 600g chicken thighs, chopped into 3cm chunks
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 2 green chillies chopped
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 25g root ginger
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- Optional- Chopped coriander, to serve
- 3 tbsp plain flour
- Whizz the onions, garlic, chillies, ginger and 3 tbsp of water in a food processor (or blender) until you have a paste.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a pan, and add the above paste over a medium heat for 3 minutes. Add the ground spices (garam masala, ground coriander, cumin and tumeric) and fry for a further 3-4 minutes until the onions turn a nice golden colour.
- Sprinkle the flour into the pan, then add the can of chopped tomatoes. Refill the can halfway with water, and add that too. Season well with plenty of salt and pepper.
- Transfer to chicken in slow Cooker and put on low for up to 4 hours. Once cooked .Serve with chopped coriander if you wish.
Naan Bread made in a Bread maker.
- 3 tbsp Natural Yoghurt
- 1tbsp Olive Oil
- 150ml Water
- 350g Strong White Bread Flour
- 1tsp Caster Sugar
- 1tsp Salt
- 1tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2tsp Dried Yeast
place all ingredients in your machine
My programme is Dough Basic
When finished knock back the dough and divide into 6 pieces
Roll out each to approx 9”x4”
Place on baking sheets
Pre-heat grill (must be hot) and cook either side for 2-3 minutes until brown and puffy.
I like to drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle coriander just before serving .