Another fabulous dish from Kitchen Sanctuary, I can’t recommend there website enough for amazing, tasty dishes. I made this for my husband (I am on a diet so none for me) I can’t get hold of Thai basil leaves so I left it out but it still tasted great!
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion peeled and chopped
- 3 chicken breasts about 720g chopped into bitesize pieces
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 1 tsp lemongrass paste
- 1 chicken stock cube crumbled
- 1 red pepper sliced
- 4 tbsp red Thai curry paste
- 14 oz (400g) tin coconut milk
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp palm sugar or light brown muscovado sugar
- 8 oz (225g) tin of bamboo shoots, drained
- 10 fresh Thai basil leaves
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice about half a lime
- Boiled rice
- 5-6 Fresh Thai basil leaves
- 4 sprigs fresh coriander cilantro
- 2 Thai chillies thinly sliced
- 1 lime sliced into wedges
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally until softened.
- Add the chicken and cook for 2-3 minutes until sealed.
- Add the garlic, ginger, lemongrass paste and crumbled stock cube and stir together to coat the chicken.
- Add the curry paste and stir together. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the sliced red pepper, stir together and cook for a minute.
- Add the coconut milk, fish sauce, palm sugar, bamboo shoots and curry leaves. Bring to the boil, then gently simmer for 10 minutes until thickened.
- Stir in the lime juice, then serve the curry with boiled rice.
- Top with fresh curry leaves, coriander, chilli slices and lime wedges before serving.