Yet another cheesecake I can’t eat!!
A friend bought me a Cheesecake recipe book for Christmas so this was my first attempt at making it. I have to admit I found a lot of the directions in this book very confusing so I have (hopefully) made them clearer.
- 450g Ginger biscuits
- 28g Icing Sugar
- 70g Butter melted
- 7g gelatine
- 140ml lime juice
- 340g Double Cream
- 680g Cream Cheese
- 150g icing sugar ( recipe book says 220g but I think that’s too much
- zest of 1 lime
- Combine biscuit crumbs, sugar and butter and mix well.
- Press biscuit mix in a 10” tin evenly
- Add lime juice and gelatine together and set aside
- Put white chocolate in a separate bowl.
- Simmer 110g of the double cream in a saucepan and pour over the white chocolate
- Allow the Chocolate and cream to melt and soften until smooth
- Add the gelatine and lime mixture to the chocolate and cream mix gently
- let it cool to room temperature
- Add remaining cream and mix until peaks start to form
- Beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth
- slowly combine the chocolate mixture to the cream cheese and add lime zest
- Spoon the filling into your biscuit base and chill overnight.