I love making cheesecakes because they are easy to make and taste amazing. (even though I can’t eat them because of my diet) They are a hit with my family that’s for sure.
- 300 g Digestives
- 150 g Unsalted Butter
- 500 g Full Fat Cream Cheese
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 100 g Icing Sugar
- 150 g Caramel (carnations)
- 300 ml Double Cream
- 175 g Rolos (chopped)
- Blitz the biscuits in a food processor (or break up in another way, I am just lazy..) and mix the biscuits with the melted butter.
- Spread on the bottom of an 8″/20cm Deep Springform Tin or if you prefer mini cheesecakes it makes roughly 24. press down firmly and leave to set in the fridge whilst you make the rest!
- Using an electric mixer, whisk together the cream cheese, vanilla, icing sugar and caramel until smooth and lump free
- Pour into the mix the double cream and continue to whisk for a couple of minutes until its very thick and mousse like (I mix it on a medium-high speed, level 6/10)
- Chop the Rolos up into halves/quarters and fold through the cheesecake filling. Spread over the biscuit base and leave to set in the fridge for 6 hours, or preferably overnight.
Who would you share your last Rolo with?